n0tice is a project by Guardian Media Group (GMG).
n0tice (“n0tice”) knows that you take your privacy seriously. We are committed to giving you transparency of our privacy practices and control over your data in connection with n0tice’s Service (as defined in n0tice’s Terms of Service).
Please follow the links below for further information.
- What personal information we collect.
- How the information is shared.
- Some of the features of n0tice.
- Information share with business partners.
- Cookies and other identifiers.
- How to delete an account.
- About us.
What Personal Information Does n0tice Collect?
- Personal Information You Provide to Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our Service or provide to us in any other way. The types of Personal Information collected may include your name, email address, phone number, birthday, Twitter and/or Facebook usernames, use information regarding your use of our Service, and browser information. We automatically receive your location when you use the Service. The Personal Information you provide is used for such purposes as allowing you to set up a user account and profile that can be used to interact with other users through the Service, improving the content of the Service, customizing the advertising and content you see, sharing the Service through social media platforms, and communicating with you about specials and new features. We may also draw upon this Personal Information in order to adapt the Services of our community to your needs, to research the effectiveness of our network and Services, and to develop new tools for the community.
- Information Collected Automatically: When you use the Service, n0tice automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser or mobile platform, including your location, IP address, cookie information, and the page you requested. n0tice only uses this data in aggregate form. We may provide aggregate information to our partners about how our customers, collectively, use our site, so that our partners may also understand how often people use their services and our Service.
How is My Information Shared?
Personal Information about our users is an integral part of our business. We neither rent nor sell your Personal Information to anyone. n0tice may share your Personal Information only as described below. The default user settings for all data about you that is visible to others is editable on your User Profile Page.
- Agents: We employ other companies and people to perform tasks on our behalf and need to share your information with them to provide products or services to you. Our agents do not have any right to use Personal Information we share with them beyond what is necessary to assist us, and they provide a comparable level of protection for your Personal Information.
- Information Shared with Everyone: One of the primary reasons people use n0tice is to share content with others. Information such as your name and photo, a list of people and topics you follow, activities you contribute and the posts you submit is shared by default with the n0tice community. Information on how to change these default settings, if applicable, is available on the FAQs.
The n0tice service also has the following features that may allow you to share your information with others. For each of these features, the information available to friends and others, our default user settings, and how to alter the default settings, is available on the Privacy FAQ. Please remember that if you choose to provide personal information using certain features of the Service, that information may be available to the wider n0tice community, or may be published on the n0tice website, which is subject to indexing by third party search engines.
- Inviting others to join n0tice
- Writing reports
- Posting Photos
- Posting Comments and Updates
- Posting Offers and Items for Sale
- Purchasing Items for Sale
- Buying Featured Positions
- Posting Events
- Following Users and Noticeboards
- Sharing through Social Media
- Searching for locations
Sharing with Partners, in connection with business transfers, and for the protection of n0tice and others:
- Our Partners: In addition to the data sharing described above, we enter into relationships with a variety of businesses and work closely with them. In certain situations, these businesses sell items or provide promotions to you through n0tice’s Service. In other situations, n0tice provides services, or sells products jointly with these businesses. You can easily recognize when one of these businesses is associated with your transaction, and we will share your Personal Information that is related to such transactions with that business, unless you have elected not to be solicited by marketing partners during the registration process or through the account settings page.
- Business Transfers: If n0tice or substantially all of its assets are acquired, or in the unlikely event that n0tice goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party.
- Protection of n0tice and Others: We may release Personal Information when we believe in good faith that release is necessary to comply with the law, including laws outside your country of residence; enforce or apply our conditions of use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of n0tice, our employees, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations (including outside of your country of residence) for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Posting from your home: You should be aware that if you or your friends post the location of your home in the Service database and that information is published on the Service (for example, via a user posting a news event from that home venue), that information may be available to others and may be published by third parties without our control. To request removal of a venue from the n0tice database (including your home address) please email us at email@example.com
What About Cookies and Similar Technologies?
Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and tell us how and when pages in our site are visited and by how many people. n0tice cookies do not collect Personal Information, and we do not combine the general information collected through cookies with other Personal Information to tell us who you are or what your email address is.
Most browsers have an option for turning off the cookie feature, which will prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, as well as (depending on the sophistication of your browser software) allowing you to decide on acceptance of each new cookie in a variety of ways. For more information about cookies and how to refuse them, click here.
Is Personal Information About Me Secure?
Your n0tice account Personal Information is protected by a password for your privacy and security. You need to prevent unauthorized access to your account and Personal Information by selecting and protecting your password appropriately, and limiting access to your computer and browser by signing off after you have finished accessing your account.
n0tice endeavors to safeguard user information to ensure that user account information is kept private. However, n0tice cannot guarantee the security of user account information. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of user information at any time.
Can 3rd parties access my data?
We may in some cases use third parties to assist us in operating the site and to conduct some processing of your information on our behalf but this is always subject to strict contractual control. These third parties may be located outside the EEA.
What Personal Information Can I Access?
n0tice allows you to access the following information about you for the purpose of viewing, and in certain situations, updating that information and ensuring that it is accurate and complete. You can access this information on the n0tice website by visiting the user settings page. This list will change as our Service changes.
- Phone number
- Email address
- Other User profile information (for example, home city, photo)
- Usage information (for example, reposts and stars)
- Social media connections (for example, Twitter or Facebook login, social network friends lists)
How Do I Delete My Account?
Should you ever decide to delete your n0tice account, you may do so by clicking on the “delete account” link on your account User Profile page. If you terminate your account, your profile, including your voting, submitted posts, and any promotional offers you received, will be removed from the site and deleted from n0tice’s servers. Because of the way we maintain n0tice, such deletion may not be immediate, and residual copies of your profile information or posts may remain on backup media for up to ninety (90) days.
How Is Information Removed From My Account?
Even after you remove information from your account or profile, copies of that information may remain viewable elsewhere, to the extent it has been shared with others, it was otherwise distributed pursuant to your privacy settings, or it was copied or stored by other users. Removed and deleted information may remain on backup media for up to ninety (90) days prior to being deleted from our servers.
Who are we?
n0tice is a project by Guardian Media Group (“GMG”) whose registered office is at Kings Place, York Way, London, N1 9GU. GMG has notified the Information Commissioner’s Office of the ways in which we process personal data. This notification can be viewed on the ICO’s Data Protection Public Register under registration number Z5969905.
If you think we have not have resolved a complaint to your satisfaction, you may forward your complaint to the Information Commissioner for investigation. For more information on the Information Commissioner, and how to make a complaint, please visit their website at www.ico.gov.uk.
Changes to this policy